Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Deputy Josie Greathouse Fox



It was just shortly after 1 A.M. I thought I was asleep, yet I heard every single word. And in a flash a wonderful Mother was gone. A life taken at the hands of an ill soul. Once something like that has your attention you cant stop listening. For over 8 hours now, I have listened as every inch of our county has been combed through block by block, mile by mile, by men dedicated to keeping the rest of us safe asleep in our homes. Its now nearing 10 AM, and one by one I can hear those tired and tried men going 10-42 safe at their homes. Josie wont be going 10-42 and she didn't get to go home safe this morning.

 I remember a few years ago waking up to Josie's panicked voice on the Radio, in desperate need of help for someone close to her. Just like last night I thought I was asleep, but something about her voice jolted me from my bed and into the Ambulance before the page ever went out, that night she made a difference in someones life. Last night She didn't get the chance to ask for help.

I will never forget Josie being there for me, and my family and the comfort she offered me knowing how difficult it is to face your own family in a bad situation. She knew exactly how it felt, I had watched her feel it, and I could feel that she really cared. And she wasn't the type to just care at that moment, she cared enough to help even hours after her shift was over.

Deputy Josie Greathouse Fox, gone but never forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. Sad this officer went the way she did, may God bless her family and comfort them at this difficult time. Justice sometimes isn't found in this life but cannot be avoided in the after life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are wonderful Josh Josie may be gone but you are right she will NEVER be forgotten(thanks for making me cry again)vick aka;rain pebble

    ReplyDelete

Please be mindful of others, currently my Blog Comments are open to Anonymous Users. Abuse of this privilage will force me to limit Comments to Registered Users. Authors Note: Comments are not moderated, therfore opinons expressed here are not approved by the blog Author.