Friday, May 14, 2010

A year older, and approaching that time of year...

Last summer sucked, lets face it. And a repeat would be unacceptable.

My birthday was a bit Lame, but I do not know what I expected. When you spend everyday doing anything you want to do anyway, it become a little difficult to "celebrate" And I cant say I have thrown any wild parties for anyone else lately so I certainly didn't have anyone owing me anything in that dept.

As may quickly approaches the half way mark, I can help but recall, some of what was going down this time last year. Uncle Will was in trouble, and we were just starting to realize it. And I was still ignoring that odd little pain I had in my side. I dont think we need graphic reminders of where things went from there.

I was watching a Video on Hulu the other night (as I do almost every night) and there was a add for "City of Hope" talking about treating rare cancers, and saving lives. As much as I hated that place, I have to admit, I cried like a baby for a good 30 mins in my bed. I was such a tough guy back then! But if (or when as my Doctor likes to remind me*) I were to ever attempt that again, things would be different. I think.

*I am in no way implying that "it" has returned or that I expect it too. However Doc. Rassmussen is very adamant that I understand the "probability" of it returning, and the importance of follow up.

Much like those years in Mexico, and walking alone in Puerto Rico, things happen, that I probably will never talk about. Dont need too, dont want too. Its those things that make us who we are.
I made some great friends, and lost some great friends, but in the end it has gotten me where I am today.

Having lost more than many will ever have, and having given more than I had to give, and having been given more than I ever deserved has gotten me to what is for now, the happiest time of my life.

My mind is full of random thoughts, and I enjoy them. My body feels better than it has in a long time, and I enjoy it! My spirit is buoyed with hope of even greater things to come. I have direction, I have purpose, I have hope, and I am broke, such a pleasant combination!

For the last few weeks now, I have been able to function after a fulls days work, and even enjoy staying out late a few nights a week. My weekends have been amazingly full of random activities, and I can actually enjoy them instead of just praying that I dont barf, and holding a big tough boy smile on my face for all the world to see!

I haven't visited my lil Princessa niece Emma for a good long while, and alas my bronchitis has cleared up so I hope to get down there in the next few weeks. I miss torturing her.

Well its been alot of fun! But I gotta go conquer the world!

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be mindful of others, currently my Blog Comments are open to Anonymous Users. Abuse of this privilage will force me to limit Comments to Registered Users. Authors Note: Comments are not moderated, therfore opinons expressed here are not approved by the blog Author.