Friday, December 18, 2009

My Therapist Suggested it...



Its a well documented fact, that I tend to drive people away when I decide I want to be left alone. But I am not consistent with "When" I want to be alone. Sometimes when I don’t feel well, I just want to ignore it, and go about my day, and other times, I want nothing more than to be served Chicken Noodle Soup, with hand pulled all white meat chicken, round cut carrots, no celery, and homemade round noodles in Bed. Some people think Im odd, but I am just me. This Christmas has been no exception.



I am grateful to be gaining some heath back to Celebrate, but I spend a lot of time thinking to myself, with all this Partying I am seeing VERY little recognition as to the True Meaning of Christmas. In my efforts to not spoil everyone’s Gay Ole Time, I have sort of just shut up, and spent a lot of time in my Green Chair. And this morning I found myself sorting through some thoughts about Family, and Symbolism, and the true Meaning of Christmas. If you still have Gifts to Wrap, I would save this exercise until a more appropriate time. In my experience you may start texting people at inappropriate hours.



“My 2009 Beanie Family” deserves some explanation. First of all, it was NOT based on an Idea from my Therapist, I have only spoke with a Therapist once during the mentionable past, and it was while I was in the Hospital in California, because they were concerned I might be angry. NO DUMBASSES I have an earache, like I had said about 14 times by the time he arrived. That said, "My Beanie" for this year, is the first one I have ever made for myself, and while I might say that its to show the Girls that I don’t need them to supply me with Beanies, the reality is, my personal preference is a Crochet Beanie Cap, (having been bald I am a lil picky about my Beanies) I attempted to Crochet a Beanie Cap, and honestly, I just Cant. SO my knitted beanie, is only an outward expression, not a true replacement of my NEED.



The Colors on “my” Beanie Cap Brim are Traditional Christmas Colors; Red, White, and Green which to most people would seem like the practical choice this time of year, while in reality, those Colors symbolize to me: Mexico. Honestly I think the connection comes to me as a mental attachment to Celebration. Every day in Mexico was like Christmas for me! Above the brim, is a thick, wooly white strictly knitted rows parallel rows, for me they symbolize all the great snow runs I plan to have this winter. There is a more complex explanation to each of the other beanies in the Photo, but I will just quickly note, that the Lil beanie cap is actually for my newest Niece, who I was given the blessing of selecting her name (I am known for choosing great names) “Emma” is due in February.

I need to get on the road, so long for now, stay safe in your Holiday Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be mindful of others, currently my Blog Comments are open to Anonymous Users. Abuse of this privilage will force me to limit Comments to Registered Users. Authors Note: Comments are not moderated, therfore opinons expressed here are not approved by the blog Author.